Sunday, September 15, 2013

I guess I'll start a blog and my new found Trader Joe's Obsession

  So...
  Currently, I should be reading about acromioclavicular separations, joint injections, partial and full rotator cuff tears and the like (sounds smart, right?)....but I'm not.  I decided to do this thing anonymously so I can get a job after this ridiculous year of moving, stress eating (and drinking), and working out excessively reading Game of Thrones (yeah, get your judgement out now).  This blog is going to be whatever I'm eating at the time, how I feel about whats going on around me in Plano, Texas (or wherever my next rotation is going to be stationed...perhaps Mars), or whatever else I want to write.  If you like it, cool.  If not, your problem.

  I went to Trader Joe's as a non-hippie, recent Plano transplant yesterday...and I LOVED IT.  I wanted to buy all of the cool, organic, gluten free crap I could get my hands on but I ,shockingly, practiced some self control.  This is what normally happens when I buy crap like that.

            This is all going on in my mind just an FYI:
                      "OMG, I'm going to be so healthy when I buy this gluten free, hemp, organic, made without tears of African children, bread.  I am going to work out and wear lulu lemon and eat this amazing bread with almond butter and LOVE IT.  This will definitely compliment these unsalted nuts that I will eat only 5 of because that is the serving size.  I will finish this out with a refreshing tea and feel 100% satisfied."  Fast forward to when I get home and start making this nonsense. "Mmm, not that bad...I kinda like cardboard...I guess.." "Well, that was a good snack...OK it wasn't good." Then I proceed to eat either all of it because I'm starving or say f**k it and go get Sonny's (not here in good ole Plano) and drink a bottle of wine.

Today, I just bought what I needed and I am proud.  I've been told its the small things in life that we should celebrate.  I guess that means I'll have a glass of wine for my own bit of self control.

Drink the wine, eat the chips,
  S
 

No comments:

Post a Comment