Sunday, October 13, 2013

Hey, y'all, I'm not dead

It's been a hot second since I have written anything.  A few reasons:
 1.  See prior post
 2. I've had too many feelings and not enough time to sit and write about them so I just drank them
 3. See prior excuses

  So the last two weeks, I have been in attempts to drown in work and wine.  Seemed like a legit thing to do.  I have been on a few dates but that is a conversation for another time and another place. Let's talk about things I have eaten and weird sh*t that has happened to me at work.

Let's start with work.  Saw a patient who legit went to the "chiropractor" and was told to hold a piece of copper which would then shorten the effected leg....Ok.... When the woman told us that she took this kid there, I kid you not, we all started laughing at her. She was not pleased.  It was in that moment that I could truly grasp what morons the world possesses.  The woman looked sane.  Normal clothes, normal attitude, then WHAM COPPER VOODOO LOVER.  I just don't know.  Maybe you're into all of the CAM (complimentary alternative medicine) (I sound SO smart), but it's just for the birds if you ask me and since you're on my blog you have probably some interest in my smart ass comments.

Let's move to eating and drinking away my feelings, which is super mentally healthy.  Guy I have been on a few dates with brought me food from his fancy I have a job work dinner.  Here is the roster of amazing food from Del Frisco's (since I didn't go I won't pretend to know what it looked like in there but he went in a tie and slacks so it seems way beyond my realm of eating knowledge) Steak, and I mean a GIANT steak, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, caesar salad (I know it's a super fancy place when there are anchovies in the to-go box, amazing yet disgusting), sweet potato fries and this dessert that was, no lie, bigger than my fist.  It was white chocolate, coconut, pie thingy goodness and it's still in my fridge (half of it) and is calling my name now that I am talking about it.  One true way to really try to impress me is to feed me.  Easy enough. This guy just nailed it out of the park.  He could have asked me to do anything and I would've for the steak solely.  If that makes me a food slut, I don't want to be right.

Next foodgasm: I have had In-&-Out and I have seen the Jesus of the fast food hamburger.  Was it just a hamburger you ask. Yes. But what is so special you may say.  I CANT EXPLAIN IT! But I cant wait to go back.

One more food event.  I went to a Greek cafe tonight by myself.  Zorba's is right down the street from my I-may-get-stabbed-holy-hell-get-up-the-elevator suit super fancy abode and I have been having a stuffed grape leaves craving like none other.  So I went by myself and I loved every second of it.  I am around 86% sure that people felt bad for me but nay, I say, nay.  I felt bad for them.  I ordered what I wanted and judged the hell out of everyone.  Impressively, I was please with what I saw around me.  Families, dates, and just people enjoying each other in this adorable homey style restaurant that served AMAZING Greek food.

After I left Zorba's I drove around for a bit and realized that I am happy just by myself out here.  I get to do what I want, when I want and I am starting to feel like an adult.  Texas kind of has captured my heart and makes me want to actually come back here to possibly live.

Well see if I feel like that a month from now but until then I'll just drink and keep on keeping on.

Eat the gyros, and grape leaves, and greek potatoes....and drink the wine,
S

No comments:

Post a Comment